Seasonal allergies are rampant this time of year. They affect up to 50 million people a year. As we welcome in spring flowers we also invite in pollen and grasses. Below are some tips to help reduce your allergen load.
- Acupuncture – Ask your doctor for a specific acupuncture treatment to boost your immune system and open your nasal passages to reduce congestion. You can even receive ear studs to constantly stimulate ear allergy points once you leave the office.
- AAT – Advanced Allergy Therapeutics is a unique, precision-based, and highly effective approach in symptoms related to allergies. It does not treat the immune system; instead, the therapy focuses on inappropriate reactions to harmless substances in relation to organ systems. AAT produces rapid, long-term results. Schedule a consult today with one of our specialists.
- Supplements – To support your histamine response naturally, we often recommend HistaShield – is a targeted blend of flavonoids, antioxidants, proteolytic enzymes and botanicals designed to provide comprehensive support for seasonal challenges caused by common environmental allergens.
- Diet – Avoid mucus producing foods like dairy which make secretions thicker. Other foods like chocolate and caffeine can contribute to dehydration which can also make mucus secretions thicker. Also you might be reacting to specific food allergens that your body is reacting to which increases nasal congestion. Food sensitivity testing is available to determine what specific food allergies you may suffer from.
- Environment – As a part of spring cleaning our home, pay extra special attention to certain areas. Dust off vents, high ledges and behind dressers. Replace pillows and wash blankets that were in heavy rotation this winter to reduce exposure to dust mites.